Saturday, February 14, 2009

Lemon Rice Pudding

Another weekend cooped up at home...today, it's my cough. If this continues, I'm gonna go insane because all I do is bake when I'm stuck here. Boooo...

So todays experiment was lemon rice pudding! Got the recipe online and it seemed simple enough. Time consuming as it may be (2.5 hours in the oven), it came out well.


So since the recipe's not from a book, I'll write it out at the end. First, my thoughts. Subtle lemon flavor, not overly citrusy. Texture wise, quite nice if not too dry. Flavor wise...very homey and warm, comforting food really. I added a little bit of agave nectar to mine to sweeten it up a little bit more, but all in all, I liked it. Recipe calls for lemon peel but it gets annoying to take out once you've put it in your mouth (...that's what she said), soo I think next time, I'm not gonna put in lemon peel and instead make a simple syrup with lemon juice to bring the acid. Aaaand lessen the cooking time 1/2 an hour so its less dry (it clumps up too easily). But all in all, for my first attempt at rice pudding, well done! Thumbs up!

Lemon Rice Pudding
- 2 lemons
- 1/2 cup basmati or jasmine rice (I used jasmine)
- 2 pints (4 c) 1/2 and 1/2
- 3 tbs sugar
- 2 tbs rum (optional)

Peel the lemon with vegetable peeler into fine strips. Mix the peel, rice, sugar, 1/2 and 1/2, and rum in a small ovenproof dish. Put it in the oven and cook uncovered for 2.5 hours, stirring every 45 minutes or so.

And Helloooo Diana, care to post...?
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment