Sunday, February 22, 2009

Banana Marble Cake

In the process of baking a Banana Marble Cake. I couldn't find a recipe ANYWHERE so I used this one I found on a blog. The girl seems kinda stupid though...the recipe calls for 3-4 tbs of milk but it was never used...? I just omitted it, hopefully it doesn't change it too much. Putting it all together was simple enough. Creaming sugar and butter, sifted, basic mixing, blah blah. She also didn't explain how to make the cake marble...which is pretty much what makes this cake different from a regular pound cake...idiot.

I digress, I should stop calling her names.

Cake is still baking. Hoooopefully, it'll come out nicely. I REEALLYYY loved the cake I had on Saturday at Local. If it doesn't come out well, I'll just go back and beg them for the recipe.

----------



Time to beg!! Pretty disappointed with the finish product, even though it is pretty tasty. Let's go through the checklist..texture wise, pretty good. Dense but still fluffy and airy. It didn't have a bread-pudding density, but it wasn't light and airy like a cake. Very good balance. Flavor wise, I didn't get alot of the chocolate but everyone's favorite culinary critic (Andrew) said the choco "overpowered the banana." Basically, it was part banana bread/cake and part choco banana bread/cake. I could definitely taste the banana, which I think might be enhanced if I added more sugar. I'm not 100% on this recipe because the one I got from Local was just amazing. Completely decadent and rich and made you feel so smooth and buttery after. And fat. But content fat. Not sad fat.

Anyway, here's the girl's recipe. I realized she doesn't have very good English, which is why I thought she was kinda stupid, so I felt bad. But then why would you blog in English? Do you seem me blogging in Tagalog?

Note to self...don't over incorporate the choco part and use less chocolate (in the event I make this again.)

Banana Marble Cake
- 250 gr soft butter200 gr sugar
- 4 eggs
- 250 gr self-raising flour; sifted
- 3-4 tablespoons milk (which don't get used, so I dunno, drink it with the damn cake)
- 3 overripe banana, mashed
- 1 tablespoon cacao powder

1. Preheat oven to 190°C (375F)
2.
In a bowl, beat the butter and sugar until soft and fluffy.
3. Mix the eggs together, then add to the butter mixture. Then add the mashed bananas.
4. Add the flour, mix well. Pour into a 20x20 cm pan. Leave some to be added with cacao powder to make the marble textures. (WHAT DOES THAT MEAN???)
5. Bake for 45 to 50 minutes in the preheated oven.

No comments:

Post a Comment