Monday, April 4, 2011

I return!

Aha! I'm back. Partially because I am bored at work, partially because I need an outlet to write creatively and not for work-related projects. As a grant writer for a non-profit, I get bored writing such stuffy, formulaic, and standard pieces. So here we go. A review today, of sorts.

The Protein Bakery
20 West 20th Street, Suite 309
New York, NY 10011
(212) 206-7796
Hours of Operation: Call to check
Price range: 2 pack of cookies is $2.50, brownies and blondies are $3.50

My co-workers and I found a deal on LivingSocial for this bakery, which is located just a few blocks from our office. The bakery specializes in high-protein baked goods which don't utilize wheat flour and seem to have a lower calorie count than the standard baked good. The deal was $15 for $30 worth of baked goods. Considering 1) I love baked things, 2) it's close to the office, and 3) I'm always down to try new stuff that is also better for you, we figured we'd split the deal 3 ways and try it out.

The bakery is located in a small office building on the 3rd floor, so in terms of foot traffic, it doesn't seem to get much. They get most of their sales from the website. All of the products are baked off-site in New Jersey and are pre-packaged. The owner, Steve, had several different varieties of cookies, brownies, and blondies, and gave us a quick intro to the store. And then off we went, checking out the products and vetting which ones sounded more delicious than the already delicious-sounding options.

I got the peanut butter chocolate chip cookies, the oatmeal chocolate chip cookies, and a walnut brownie. I've thus far tried the oatmeal chocolate chip, which was pretty impressive. It tastes, healthier, yes, but it's a pretty good option for a chocolate chip cookie when you're in the mood for one.

Luckily, I work close by, but I'm not sure if I'd be a repeat customer otherwise. We'll just have to see after I try my other purchases.

No comments:

Post a Comment